We’re taking a left turn, today, from cognitive theory, and we are going to talk about spirituality and the place it occupies on the path to peace.
I refer to Sam Harris’s book, Waking Up, and I quote from an episode of his podcast, Making Sense. The book Ashrams, by Arnaud Desjardins, is probably out of print. So is Spiritual Awakening, by Ram Dass.
- A Mind at Home With Itself, by Byron Katie and Stephen Mitchell
- Tao Te Ching, by Lao Tsu, translation by Stephen Mitchell
- Ego, by Alan Watts
- The Perennial Philosophy, by Aldous Huxley
- The Brain’s Default Mode Network (2015), by Marcus Raichle. Annual Review of Neuroscience, 38(1), 433–447.
- Why Buddhism Is True, by Robert Wright